AOPA Registered Orthotists
Full time AOPA registered orthotists experienced in a fitting and manufacturing custom made braces/orthoses.
We love what we do
We enjoy providing client focussed healthcare in a warm and friendly environment.
What We Do
What is an Orthosis?
An Orthosis or Orthopaedic brace, is an externally applied device that is designed and fitted to the body to achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Protect and support an injury
- Immobilise a fracture / broken bone
- Reduce pain
- Control biomechanical alignment
- Assist in rehabilitation
- Increase mobility
Who is an Orthotist?
An Orthotist is a university trained Allied Health Professional who specialises in the design and clinical applications of orthotic devices to the human body.
At BraceFit, our clinicians are registered members of the Australian Orthotic Prosthetic Association (AOPA) and follow annual professional development guidelines to ensure the care you receive is directed by the most current research and industry standards.
As our clinicians are AOPA members, clients are eligible to receive rebates through their Private Health Insurance. Click here to find out more.
What do we do?
- Your treating doctor (or health care professional) will refer you to us for an assessment. We will assess for appropriate brace(s) using a combination of clinical techniques. Not everyone requires a referral to see us, so if you are interested in making an appointment please contact us for further advice.
- Using the results form your clinical assessment as a starting point, we take the time to discuss various bracing options to ensure you have the best options for your condition as well as your lifestyle and budget.
- We custom fit all of our braces and educate you on how the brace works including the correct way to care for and use the brace at home.
- At BraceFit we believe that the best outcomes are achieved when our clients are comfortable and happy with their brace. Some braces will need to be reviewed periodically while others will only need reviewing if you have a question or problem.